Set up your 3D printer lab with us. This Witbox-2 Printer comes in a package of two. So you will receive two fantastic printers.
The bq Witbox 2 3D Printer is great if you require a 3D printer to use in domestic, professional and educational environments. As soon as you open the box it is ready to print with no hassle.
The bq Witbox 2 3D Printer has a new inductive sensor, which measures the distance between the extruder and the print bed. When the position of the extruder is correct the printer will notify the customer by illuminating a small red LED. This allows for far more accurate assisted levelling.
More information about this 3D printer
The WitBox was bq’s first 3D printer and was one of the five best 3D printers in the world. In it’s first year on the market it reached more than 50 countries. Bq have taken the chance to make improvements to the Witbox’s design, they are now releasing the 2nd Generation Witbox 3D Printer.
The bq Witbox 2 3D Printer features a new extruder, which pushes the filament through the Hot-End, the system of double traction drive gear provides grip to the filament, two sprockets press it and it slides perfectly to the end of the Hot-End.
This new extruder reduces the risk of blockages and lets you print with a wider range of filaments including:
The bq Witbox 2 3D Printer also has a new inductive sensor, this measures the distance between the new extruder and the print bed. The component has an electric coil, which generates a magnetic field. The sensor detects the distance and notifies the user, this allows for accurate positioning.
This 3D printer has a new electronic board (BQ CNC) designed for the bq Witbox 2 3D Printer. This component provides better heat dissipation and all the interface and control electronics of the screen are self-developed.
The bq Witbox 2 3D Printer now has a self-levelling system, the printer calculates if there is any unevenness of the bed and adjusts the movement of the print engines accordingly.
How does the project fit in with STEM?
- Understanding the types of materials used in the construction.
- Learning the extraction methods of raw materials used in this project.
- Considering the tensile strength of the materials used.
- Using existing knowledge of magnetism and understanding how motors work.
- Provides an opportunity to develop children’s ability to understand technological advances by using a computer based program to create a 3D object.
- Understanding the functionalities of the electronic components.
- Understand how linear rails and componenets help the machine to move.
- Use the printer to create own devices.
- Use specialist software to power the machines.
- Ability to calculate and convert dimension and angles of a 2D object into a 3D object using a simple formula.